The World Economic Forum will host the 2019 India Economic Summit in New Delhi from 3 to 4 October
· Under the theme “Innovating for India: Strengthening South Asia, Impacting the World”, the summit will convene key leaders from government, business, academia and civil society to facilitate dialogue on the policy tools, business models, industry standards and guidelines needed for India to attain its growth potential
· Journalists wishing to cover the summit are invited to sign up at www.weforummedia.org
· The deadline to complete accreditation is 16 September 2019. For more information, please visit http://wef.ch/ies19
Geneva, Switzerland, 6 August 2019 – The World Economic Forum in collaboration with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) will host this year’s India Economic Summit in New Delhi from 3 to 4 October. Held under the theme Innovating for India: Strengthening South Asia, Impacting the World, the summit will build on its more than three decades of success and explore some of the key issues facing the region, including improving technology governance, developing infrastructure, ensuring job creation and skill development, advancing environmental sustainability and ensuring equitable and inclusive growth for all.
The India Economic Summit will welcome over 800 participants from business, politics, academia, civil society, international organizations, arts and culture, media and members of the Forum’s communities, including Social Entrepreneurs, Global Shapers and Young Global Leaders.
The summit will address strategic issues of regional significance under four thematic pillars:
- The New Geopolitical Reality – Geopolitical shifts and the complexity of our global system
- The New Social System – Inequality, inclusive growth, health and nutrition
- The New Ecological System – Environment, pollution and climate change
- The New Technological System – The Fourth Industrial Revolution, science, and innovation and entrepreneurship
“This year marks 35 years of our engagement in India and our partnership with the Confederation of Indian Industry. The summit will be a great opportunity to hear the government’s vision on making India a $5 trillion economy. It will also broaden its focus to South Asia and ASEAN and how the two regions have a unique opportunity to advance development, enhance economic collaboration and expand their leadership across a wide range of international initiatives. With our expanded engagement in India and South Asia, we are committed to ensuring that the India Economic Summit becomes the most important platform in the region for bringing global best practices to the region and disseminating replicable success stories across the world,” said Viraj Mehta, Head of Regional Agenda, India and South Asia, and Member of the Executive Committee at the World Economic Forum.
Accreditation is now open for members of the media. Journalists who wish to cover the summit must apply online by Monday 16 September at www.weforummedia.org. The number of accreditation’s issued will be strictly limited; late or on-site requests will not be accommodated.