ATLANTA & NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (NYSE:ICE), a leading operator of global exchanges and clearing houses and provider of data and listings services, today noted significant records in trading across multiple contracts on ICE Futures on September 16, 2019.
“When global events foster spikes in uncertainty, ICE’s markets provide open, transparent platforms for participants to trade, manage risk and hedge with our futures and options contracts,” said Ben Jackson, President of Intercontinental Exchange.
New daily volume records set on September 16, 2019 include the following:
- Record Total Futures and Options of 12.83 million lots, versus the previous daily volume record of 11.32 million set on May 29, 2018.
- Record Total Energy Futures and Options of 6.33 million lots, versus the previous record of 4.89 million on November 14, 2018.
- New daily volume record for Brent Futures and Options of 3.12 million, versus the previous daily volume record of 2.12 million set on November 30, 2016.
- Record volume in Low Sulphur Gasoil Futures and Options with 904,637 lots traded, versus 896,111 lots on February 7, 2018.
- Record volume in ICE WTI Crude with 686,414 lots traded, versus 504,000 lots set on January 28, 2011.
- Record daily volume in Three Month Sterling Options with 1.73 million lots traded, versus 1.39 million lots on June 13, 2014. A new open interest record for Sterling Futures and Options was set on September 16, 2019 of 18.26 million.
- Record daily volume in ICE’s global MSCI complex of 1.41 million lots, versus 1.33 million lots set on March 11, 2019. This includes a new daily volume record for the MSCI Emerging Markets Index Future, which traded a record 978,680 lots, versus the previous record of 966,563 lots set on December 17, 2018.
About Intercontinental Exchange
Intercontinental Exchange (NYSE: ICE) is a Fortune 500 company formed in the year 2000 to modernize markets. ICE serves customers by operating the exchanges, clearing houses and information services they rely upon to invest, trade and manage risk across global financial and commodity markets. A leader in market data, ICE Data Services serves the information and connectivity needs across virtually all asset classes. As the parent company of the New York Stock Exchange, the company is the premier venue for raising capital in the world, driving economic growth and transforming markets.
Trademarks of ICE and/or its affiliates include Intercontinental Exchange, ICE, ICE block design, NYSE and New York Stock Exchange. Information regarding additional trademarks and intellectual property rights of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. and/or its affiliates is located at http://www.intercontinentalexchange.com/terms-of-use. Key Information Documents for certain products covered by the EU Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products Regulation can be accessed on the relevant exchange website under the heading “Key information Documents (KIDS)”.
Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 — Statements in this press release regarding ICE’s business that are not historical facts are “forward-looking statements” that involve risks and uncertainties. For a discussion of additional risks and uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contained in the forward-looking statements, see ICE’s Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, including, but not limited to, the risk factors in ICE’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2018, as filed with the SEC on February 7, 2019.
Source: Intercontinental Exchange