JFD Brokers Combines Retail and Institutional Services Under New Brand

Ricardo Esteves

Ricardo Esteves has seen business and economics through many lenses. He joined the Financial Services Industry in 2009, and has been a financial journalist since 2011. He holds a degree in Business Administration and has experience producing real-time news, from both buy-side and sell-side, as well as for retail traders, brokers and service providers. Esteves' work has appeared in a variety of online publications including FX Street and FinanceFeeds.

JFD-Brokers

JFD Brokers Combines Retail and Institutional Services Under New Brand

March 27, 2019

Following the acquisition of German-based investment bank ACON by JFD Brokers, the Group has decided to rename the business to JFD Bank and combine its retail and institutional services under the same brand. It is also the latest in a couple of developments for the firm. the firm introduced commission-free stock trading conditions  which allows clients of the broker to trade real stocks without incurring any fees, without limitations.

In March 2018, the foreign exchange broker announced of 80% shares of ACON, with the potential to attain the rest of its shares in the future. It was one year later that JFD bought the remaining 20%.

Now, the single owner of the BaFin-regulated entity will be offering services such as designated sponsoring, institutional sales trading, initial public offerings, transaction structuring and more under the brand JFD Bank AG, which is also a capital markets partner in the Frankfurt, Munich, Düsseldorf and Vienna stock exchanges.

JFD-Brokers-CEO-Lars-Gottwik-297x300-1-297x300
Lars Gottwik

Lars Gottwik, founder and CEO of JFD, commented: “Launching JFD Bank has been a challenging task and a tremendous success for us. It marks the end of a long, very complicated and sometimes frustrating process of acquiring a regulated German investment bank and getting all the necessary approvals. However, for us this is also the beginning of a new, even more exciting part of our journey. JFD is on a mission to set new standards in the trading, investing and banking world, and JFDBANK.com is just the beginning.”

Earlier this year JFD already challenged the status quo of traditional brokers and investment intermediaries by introducing zero-fee stock trading for its clients. The new conditions came with no limitations to number of trades, minimum volumes, or additional monthly fees and charges. JFD clients can now trade over 600 US, German and Dutch stocks via both MetaTrader 5 and Guidants platforms. The company also provides Forex and CFD trading on ETFs, Indices, Commodities, Cryptocurrencies and Bonds, encompassing 1,500+ instruments across 9 asset classes.

Through the new website, the trading company will offer a unique one-stop multi-asset experience for trading and investment services for both individuals and corporations, from retail, professional and institutional sides. The latter will be offered Prime Brokerage & Liquidity, Designated Sponsoring, Institutional Sales Trading, Capital Markets & Investment Banking.
JFD Bank provides commission-free trading in real stocks and Crypto CFDs in 1,500+ instruments across 9 asset classes. The company is regulated by the German BaFin and Cyprus CySEC. The parent entity, JFD Group Ltd was launched in December 2011.
Earlier this year the multi-asset investment company added a new team member, Nikola Marinov as its newest Head of Marketing for its Bulgaria office. The responsibilities include execution of the company’s brand strategy to its product marketing efforts, corporate communications and digital marketing agenda.
In late 2018, the broker launched a digital asset management solution which helps customers to bridge the gap between self-trading and passive investment lines by giving exclusive access to a marketplace of pre-selected top performing strategies with a proven track record verified by its portfolio management division.

Login To MyTis Comment Or Register to MyTIS

Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of

Newsletter

Register now to receive the latest news and information for global trading industry.

Latest Articles

US Securities and Exchange Commission

SEC Announces Conference on Municipal Securities Disclosure

Washington D.C., Jan. 23, 2020 — The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced that it will host a March 10 conference to focus on municipal securities, which are predominantly owned …