JPMorgan Chase Co. (NYSE: JPM), is a leading global financial services firm with assets of USD 2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. JPMorgan Chase Co provides a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing.
Chase Merchant Services is the global payment processing business for JPMorgan Chase Co, with more than USD 1 trillion in annual transaction volume in 2017. As the worlds leading merchant acquirer, Merchant Services is at the forefront of the payments industry, offering acceptance, fraud and data security solutions for companies large and small and capable of authorizing transactions in more than130 currencies and expanding. As one of the original fintechs, Merchant Services understands the importance of continually innovating to stay at the forefront of the consumer payments industry.
The Executive Director, Product Management and Sales Support is a key member of the Merchant Services team leading the expansion of our business in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region. They will leverage their deep expertise in the payments industry to develop and implement solutions for potential and existing JP Morgan clients. This opportunity requires someone who is equally effective jumping into the details to push a project forward as they are leading a team to achieve outstanding results. Combining product management responsibility with consultative sales expertise, this role will interface with internal technology teams, external partners, clients and executives across JP Morgan businesses to bring merchant acquiring solutions to market.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding the payment acceptance landscape in APAC and being able to translate that into comprehensive solutions for merchants
- Developing country-level product roadmaps and owning the PDLC end-to-end
- Understanding country-specific market and regulatory dynamics and ensuring the product roadmap reflects those requirements
- Building strong working relationships with internal (Treasury Services, Merchant Services and support staff) and external partners
- Building and leading a team of product management sales support employees focused on the APAC region
- Serving as the Merchant Services expert to support Commercial Bank, Investment Bank and Treasury Services teams during sales conversations
- Serve as the country the country expert for assigned countries within the APAC region on payment acceptance, including regulatory and card scheme requirements
- Negotiating contracts with partner banks, card processors, payment networks and other stakeholders
- Actively participate in RFP process for technical solution providers and local acquiring partners
- Working with internal partners to ensure all control/compliance/risk activities are addressed during ongoing partner due diligence process
To be successful, you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in a technical discipline (or equivalent experience), with additional post graduate qualifications preferred
- At least ten years of product management and consultative sales experience delivering payments solutions in the APAC region
- A proven track record of working with multi-national corporates to enable payment acceptance
- Negotiating and contracting expertise with financial institutions
- Ability to work independently and create goals and vision for delivery in ambiguous situations
- Track record of attracting and retaining talented, high-performing teams
- Deep understanding of financials, mechanics of forecasting and variable sensitivity
- Exceptional communication skills and collaboration skills
- Existing relationships within the payment ecosystesm (e.g. processors, card schemes, banks, and acquirers) in the APAC region