- Primary Location: Australia,New South Wales,Sydney
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18071114
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citis global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 100 countries. Citis Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the companys governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citis numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role participates in the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citis respective regulators, globally.
This role will provide assurance in line with the global, risk-based approach of the Internal Audit department as well as focus on relevant regulatory expectations and requirements. The role will leverage the product/functional expertise of the Global IA team, and provide support to the Consumer Banking Audit program in the regional Asia Pacific Consumer business operating in 17 markets, offering a wide range of Consumer products to customers including Cards and unsecured lending, Investments, Current and Savings Accounts, Insurance, and Mortgages. Audit coverage will include the key processes of Consumer banking.
This position is based in Sydney with a direct reporting line to a Senior Audit Manager based in the Asia Pacific region, and a matrix reporting line to the Australian and New Zealand Head of Audit based in Sydney.
- As a seasoned professional applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
- Contributes to the development of audit processes improvements.
- Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business.
- Performs moderately complex audits related to Consumer or Investment Banking, technology management; project/program management; or supplier management in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions.
- Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs.
- Provides coaching to team members in all phases of the audit process.
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
- Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
- Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
- Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
- Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in business and functional stakeholder management at all levels in the organisation, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholders high quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of consumer products, especially those associated with the Consumer business.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and no surprises approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.