Instinet is a global pioneer in electronic trading providing advanced electronic trading and execution algorithms aimed at reducing clients’ transaction costs while improving their investment performance. It also offers highly customisable pre- and post-trade analytics software used to estimate trading costs, evaluate portfolio risk, devise optimal trading strategies, or benchmark executed orders.
An Associate level legal and compliance professional to support the APAC legal and compliance team (based in Hong Kong) with a focus contractual advice, legal advice and general compliance duties.
• Contractual review including terms of business and contracts with suppliers/vendors
• Maintaining and enhancing terms of business and other client-related documents
• Assisting with regulatory enquiries and investigations
• Providing accurate and timely legal advice on a range of legal issues
• Maintain and enhance internal governance and policy documents
• Provide assistance to the business in relation to existing and new business initiatives
• Preparing compliance reports, management reports and other ad hoc compliance duties
• Liaising with global compliance teams to respond to regulator enquiries in offshore jurisdictions
• Reviewing marketing material to ensure compliance with internal policies
• Bachelors Degree in law (in a common law jurisdiction).
• 3-5 years post-admission experience. Financial services experience is not essential, but would be advantageous.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and part of a small team.
• A professional manner and willingness to learn and develop
• Logical working style and attention to detail
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity
• Excellent command of English (other language skills well regarded but not required)