Anti-Financial Crime (AFC)
Our AFC team is responsible for protecting Deutsche Bank from financial and reputational losses incurred by financial crimes by assessing, controlling and mitigating risks. Risk types related to Anti-Financial Crime are consolidated in a comprehensive and effective risk management framework that covers Anti-Money-Laundering, Sanctions Embargoes, Anti-Bribery Corruption as well as Anti-Fraud Investigations.
Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) protect the integrity and reputation of Deutsche Bank. They manage the Banks risks and help to avoid unintentional rule breaches and conflicts of interest. At the same time, they also advise us on ethical conduct and governance issues and keep our organisation up-to-date on regulatory and political challenges.
Deutsche Bank (DB) is committed to the highest standards of control in the areas of Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Sanctions Embargoes, Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) and Anti-Fraud (collectively referred to as Anti-Financial Crime). All employees are required to adhere to these standards to protect Deutsche Bank and our reputation from those who may intend to use our products and services for illegal purposes including, but not necessarily limited to, money laundering, bribery, corruption, fraud and/or Terrorist Financing.
The purpose of the Financial Crime Investigations (FCI) team is to ensure that the systems it is tasked with surveilling are at all times being used in accordance with the legal and regulatory Anti-Money Laundering framework and to escalate issues of concern to AFC Management in a timely manner. This includes the escalations from multiple areas such as BIU, ABAC, Advisory, and any Unusual Activity Reports.
Reporting to the Head of the Special Investigations Unit within FCI and as part of the wider APAC AFC Team, the Data Mining and Threat Analytics Officer facilitate investigations through expertise in the analysis of data.
- Design and development of AFC Analytics program including monitoring rule design, development, risk assessment and validation within a team AFC Analytics professionals.
- Perform proactive risk assessments utilizing subject matter expertise, industry trends, emerging AFC risks and data analytics.
- The Data Mining and Analytics team will work with the Financial Crime Investigation Team and the Risk Coverage / Governance Team to ensure the rules are reviewed on a regular basis based on the level of risk and that the systems are appropriately optimized.
- Engage risk and audit partners to ensure ongoing review and transparency achieved.
- Conduct AML tuning and optimization across multiple LOBs (including correspondent banking, retail, commercial, brokerage, and trade finance) and multiple Transaction Monitoring Systems (Mantas and Smaragd), ensure sound risk coverage, adequate quantitative model assessment and validation, and data quality completeness and integrity.
- Support the development and maintenance of Management Information / Operational Reporting for Transaction Monitoring Models, supporting Financial Crime Investigation Team.
- Act as SME in AFC technology related projects.
You will have:
- Bachelors/ Masters degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science, MIS, Information Management, or Statistics.
- Excellent knowledge of AML Transaction Monitoring systems particularly Oracle Mantas.
- Strong knowledge on SQL (Structure Query Language) languages.
- Demonstrated experience in analytics platforms (SAS, R, and etc.) for data mining and statistical analysis.
- At least 5 years of direct experience in Financial Crime Compliance, Risk Assessment or Quality Assurance in Financial Services, Banking or Regulatory environment; experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Good at creating and delivering impactful presentation.
- Should be able to interpret complex requirements and be a self-starter.
- Solid project management/work flow management will be viewed positively.
You will be:
- Be highly proficient in AFC technology solutions.
- Have strong AFC Risk acumen.
- Have a background in statistics and mathematics.
- Have significant exposure the AML technology particularly AML Monitoring Systems.
- Be CAMS certified.
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.