About J.P. Morgan Chase Co.
JPMorgan Chase Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
About J.P. Morgans Corporate Investment Bank
J.P. Morgans Corporate Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The worlds most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With nearly $20 trillion of assets under custody, the Corporate Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Derivatives Operations is a global team responsible for the confirmation and settlement of the Investment Banks OTC Derivatives, Foreign Exchange and Commodities businesses. Our clients include corporates, asset managers, financial institutions and governments.
The successful candidate will be working in Asia-Pacific Client Services based in Singapore.
The functions of this team include: pre-confirmation of settlements, payment release, the maintenance of client business reference data, post settlement investigation and the affirmation, drafting and chasing of legally binding trade contracts .
- Ensuring that all payments are settled correctly and in a timely manner.
- Resolving any outstanding breaks in the Nostro accounts.
- Economic affirmation, chasing and drafting of trade contracts.
- Establishing an excellent relationship with both internal and external clients.
- Participating in process improvement initiatives.
- Ensuring that any issues are escalated to the team leader within an appropriate time frame.
- Excellent relationship-building and time management skills.
- Superlative interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Capability to prioritise.
- Good team player.
- Capacity to think laterally and understand the big picture.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Japanese language skills are essential in order to service this mainly Japanese client base.
- Experience in an operational / financial services / customer services environment.
- Previous exposure to Derivatives, FX or Commodities settlements would be an advantage.