The Custody Fund Services (CFS) Line of Business, part of JP Morgans Corporate Investment Bank (CIB), offers custody, fund services, trading services and liquidity related solutions to clients in more than 100 markets. CFS manages over $20 trillion of assets under custody and over $120 billion in deposits.
The CFS Finance Business Management (FBM) team provides strategic support to LOB Finance Senior Management and CFS group. The team owns budgeting, forecasting and financial analytics and reporting. It partners with a number of individuals across the firm to achieve its objectives.
The Custody Fund Services (CFS) APAC Controller Group, a group within FBM, is primary responsible in understanding, reporting and control of the financial information related to CFS. The CFS APAC Controller Group divides responsibilities between BAU processes (i.e. monthly close, financial general ledger reporting and regulatory activities), the firm finance target / systems infrastructure and strategic projects to support the business.
- Set and drive the controller agenda for relevant areas within CFS APAC working closely together with other finance teams as well as other groups, incl. Operation, Technology, Internal Audit, Risk, Compliance, Legal, Product Management and Sales.
- Participate in the review of New Business Initiatives for CFS products across APAC.
- Participate in targeted reviews for specific products/processes based on both qualitative and quantitative factors and risks
- Understand and contribute to the control framework of the business
- Collaborate with global, regional and local Finance teams in support of projects and initiatives and provide subject matter expert views
- Establish and maintain strong communication channels, and advance strong working relationship with key stakeholder groups to ensure strong financial controls are in place and are enforced.
- Participate in monthly close activities including but not limited to review of financial data, investigating significant variances and transactions, fluctuation analysis, preparation of financial reporting deliverables, preparation of estimate accruals, entry processing, perform reconciliations and general ledger substantiation, etc.
- 4-5 years experience in the financial services industry / audit firm
- CPA qualification is a plus
- Strong communication and presence skills including the ability to present complex and sensitive matters in a simple manner.
- Proven analytical skills and ability to challenge status-quo and drive results
- Experience in evaluating the design and effectiveness of internal financial controls.
- High level of self-motivation and intellectual curiosity
- Strong team player
- Strong time-management skills with ability to effectively prioritize and deliver on multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of Oracle and SAP is a plus