We are seeking a talented Business Analyst with strong analytical skills to join the thriving Wealth Release Train in the Trading and Corporate Actions scrum team. In this role, you will work alongside the Product Owner to guide the scrum team towards our strategic goals in an exciting time. This role is a great opportunity for someone with the desire to lead change and share their expertise to help formulate the overall vision across how we enhance our trading and corporate actions capabilities through technology.
The role will have a key focus on achieving our strategic goals through investing in our platform transformation and championing client experience across our Wealth Trading Platform. You will be joining a diverse team of Agile technologists and analysts to support and surpass the expectations of our Wealth business.
About the role
Day to day you will be contributing to, and implementing the Trading capability strategy and supporting the established Wealth Trading business.
- Work closely with the stakeholders, Product Owner and scrum team to ensure features and stories are refined
- Monitor regulatory and compliance changes and responsibilities to ensure the business remains compliant
- Stay on top of industry trends and new technologies which will enable our business to achieve our strategic goals
- Liaise with the Scrum Master to continuously improve delivery and manage own workload
- Write user stories and validate definitions of ready and done
- Define and contribute to acceptance criteria of user stories
- Participate in testing, providing guidance to the scrum team on user behaviour to drive development
- Focus on quality, defining test cases and executing tests to drive informative quality metrics
- Use data analysis to identify issues and define viable solutions to avoid operational impact
- Define workflow management including improving on existing business operational processes
Day to day tasks will be diverse; from defining our Trading and Corporate Actions platform strategy, to participation in test execution to move features to Done in the Agile environment. Well need you to bring strong Trading and Corporate Actions knowledge and experience, along with a team-first attitude
Additionally you will bring:
- Strong knowledge of domestic equities, managed funds, term deposits, exchange traded options and international equities execution, clearing and settlement
- Strong knowledge of the end to end corporate actions process
- Excellent communication skills, working with people of business and technical backgrounds
- Experience operating in a distributed Agile scrum team, with practical knowledge of DevOps
- Ability to translate high level requirements into user stories that can be delivered within sprints, including splitting user stories into smaller stories of value
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define efficient solutions based on input from stakeholders
- Ability to articulate personal capacity in sprint planning, calling out blockers and delivering to expectations
- Knowledge of Database querying (SQL) and Excel to drive analysis of data capabilities
Nice to have
- Experience with UX best-practices, design thinking and empathy testing
- Prior experience in an Business Operations Support role (front or middle office)
- Knowledge of integration API frameworks between platforms
- Understanding of industry standard platform messaging and data feeds
- Experience using collaborative tools such as Atlassian JIRA, Confluence and Office 365
If you are interested in this position and meet the above requirements, please apply via the following link - alternatively please contact Leandro.Casas@macquarie.com
Banking and Financial Services Group (BFS) comprises our retail banking and financial services businesses, providing a diverse range of personal banking, wealth management and business banking products and services to retail customers, advisers, brokers and business clients. BFS operates predominantly in Australia and is organised into three business divisions: Personal Banking, Wealth Management and Business Banking.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If youre capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 21 Apr 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time